• 3 cups vegetable oil
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
• 12 squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
• 1 lemon – cut into wedges, for garnish
1. Preheat oil in a heavy, deep frying pan or pot. Oil should be heated to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In a medium size mixing bowl mix together flour, salt, oregano and black pepper. Dredge squid through flour and spice mixture.
3. Place squid in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown. Beware of overcooking, squid will be tough if overcooked. Dry squid on paper towels. Serve with wedges of lemon.